How wild is that first 6 weeks?
Hudson is 6 weeks old today (which I cannot believe) and I honestly forgot about the amount of ‘admin’ that comes with having a baby. When you're sleep deprived and suffering from baby brain it can be quite overwhelming; so I thought I’d put together a checklist for all the expecting mummas out there.
Tick them off one by one and remember to pour yourself a cup of tea and breathe when the Centrelink website crash's on you for the 5th time ✌🏻
Let me know if I missed anything off the list?
Forms to complete
- Register you baby's birth with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Add your baby onto your Medicare card
- If applicable, add your baby onto your Private Health Insurance
- If applicable, apply/complete your application for Government Paid Parental leave
Appointments to make:
- Community nurse check (within the first 4 weeks)
- 6 week vaccinations for bub with the GP
- 6 week postpartum check up for you with your OB/midwife
- 6 week Women's Physio health check up for you
* this list is applicable for Aussie Mums only*